With the final batch of cider done fermenting, I turned the temperature down to 5°C last night to chill everything for storage, flocculation, carbonation, and dispensing! I also hooked up the gas and the taps. The leak on the CO2 tank isn’t actually at the regulator-tank junction where I’d thought originally, it’s somehow in the main valve on the tank… and so unfixable from my point of view. But… hopefully it can be traded in for a new tank anyway. 50 gallons of brew all in all: 1 mead, 3 beers, and 6 ciders. We’ll definitely have to have a coming out party in September.
We procrastinated until the heat of the summer, imagining that we could get cold, hydrating, beer from Mark at Craftsman if push came to shove. Then it turned out that, pending the brewery expansion, his beer is all spoken for by existing commercial customers. Horror!