- @drvolts What part of the country is he going to? I only ever had good experiences. Hopefully the language schools… https://t.co/wavwPnySJf in reply to drvolts 22:19:42, 2022-04-09
- @fishnette @cologop Hah, I thought you said cololgop. in reply to fishnette 21:31:16, 2022-04-09
- https://t.co/D5OMcDSPmk in reply to ZaneSelvans 21:17:25, 2022-04-09
- It seems like economic interdependence as a restraint on bad behavior only makes sense if there are reliable econom… https://t.co/p1ZsBJs0DP 21:17:06, 2022-04-09
- @ericmbudd @boulderbeatnews I wish there was more discussion around making *not* owning a house just as good an opt… https://t.co/lQqZOWKWRk in reply to ericmbudd 18:22:53, 2022-04-09
- @joshdr83 @rachelkfriend Such a great loop. in reply to joshdr83 15:36:00, 2022-04-09
- @SarahdawnH I'm looking forward to having an elected board that's not everybody, and maybe sometime in the next yea… https://t.co/tWXFv3if4n in reply to ZaneSelvans 14:21:15, 2022-04-09
- @SarahdawnH We're in this gray area now at Catalyst too! When it was just a few old friends, we could muddle throug… https://t.co/2hY4jTuKet in reply to ZaneSelvans 14:20:15, 2022-04-09
- @SarahdawnH It definitely felt to me like there was an economy of scale. Like the systems become less work overall… https://t.co/NePemnAejX in reply to SarahdawnH 14:18:55, 2022-04-09
- @duncan__c It looks like 30-50W/TH/s, so 30PH would be 1-1.5MW of continuous load?
https://t.co/zhzglUlnSu in reply to duncan__c 14:07:33, 2022-04-09
- @SarahdawnH Do you think it's *intrinsically* hard, or is it hard because it's something we don't practice cultural… https://t.co/huD7a0xFKk in reply to SarahdawnH 13:47:26, 2022-04-09
- @joshdr83 @rachelkfriend Is that up Sunshine canyon? Heading down from Gold Hill toward the burn scar? in reply to joshdr83 13:39:59, 2022-04-09
- Wait is colonialism *literally* named after Cristóbal Colón aka Christopher Columbus how did I never notice this be… https://t.co/PdtWdpw0dB 01:40:51, 2022-04-09
- Oooh, it has anti-violence filters.
I'm sure the Turing police will be awful. But also I can see how we might end… https://t.co/FySDBXFV4y 00:20:49, 2022-04-09
- RT @WriteArthur: With all the cute, quirky #dalle2 AI images that have been circulating these last few days, I wanted to share some other i… 00:17:53, 2022-04-09
- @lenazun I'm sure they're in the Google Drive somewhere. If only Google could find them. in reply to lenazun 00:15:48, 2022-04-09
- @drvolts @annehelen Wow. The collapse of the USSR and the first Gulf War feels like a long time ago now. I feel old. in reply to drvolts 00:14:28, 2022-04-09
- Omg I definitely would have lost my shit cackling and maybe literally rofl. https://t.co/5mhMgktE13 00:05:39, 2022-04-09
- We have a poison pill in our articles of incorporation that require the demutualization of the cooperative to pay o… https://t.co/ilPgSc5w2D in reply to ZaneSelvans 00:03:12, 2022-04-09
- Would it be fair for new members to share in those profits in proportion to their patronage of the co-op (hours wor… https://t.co/EiFQkpPKCL in reply to ZaneSelvans 00:00:31, 2022-04-09
- But what if we eventually create an energy data product? A scalable value-added platform with subscribers? Then the… https://t.co/oF4FIZYVPA in reply to ZaneSelvans 23:58:21, 2022-04-08
- In our case there's limited upside with our current business model. We do work, some has a higher margin, some has… https://t.co/MOdrzaJgof in reply to ZaneSelvans 23:53:47, 2022-04-08
- Is this how lots of journeys into the tax code go? You start out thinking you're some kind of underdog, and you com… https://t.co/P4iJZTe2Zo in reply to ZaneSelvans 23:51:28, 2022-04-08
- I even kind of enjoy learning these rules now that we have a business we can use them in, because they sure seem li… https://t.co/E0rxs4b3FQ in reply to ZaneSelvans 23:48:59, 2022-04-08
- It sure sounds like a worker co-op could qualify:
"A business with no full-time employees other than the owner(s)… https://t.co/RRgClkyQnF in reply to ZaneSelvans 23:40:45, 2022-04-08
- Though that would probably have to be after maxing out the already crazy generous $58,000/year in allowable tax-ded… https://t.co/a3M6kQF9PN in reply to ZaneSelvans 23:38:18, 2022-04-08
- Something we're investigating for next year is whether a worker co-op in which all employees are members can set up… https://t.co/JKNVDYLLHS in reply to ZaneSelvans 23:35:59, 2022-04-08
- That surplus income is *already* destined for the members. We'll get it as patronage dividends if we don't spend it… https://t.co/t9Gdm7tFRw in reply to ZaneSelvans 23:27:36, 2022-04-08
- One thing I like about this model is that offering benefits like co-op laptops, continuing education, ergonomic fur… https://t.co/xIWmuQRAzZ in reply to ZaneSelvans 23:22:41, 2022-04-08
- This equity is typically paid out on some predetermined schedule (like shares vesting) or when certain financial cr… https://t.co/bAdc1lm3Bu in reply to ZaneSelvans 23:17:25, 2022-04-08
- But, you say, doesn't a business need working capital to fund day to day operations and provide stability?
Yes! So… https://t.co/ZtqLYrjVeo in reply to ZaneSelvans 23:13:55, 2022-04-08
- Oh it's also pre-payroll tax.
Profits get distributed to members in proportion to their hours worked. They aren't… https://t.co/GEcfNMgRZx in reply to ZaneSelvans 23:10:17, 2022-04-08
- @joshdr83 Good luck man. Just… don't mention protected bike lanes or the idea that lots of people sharing a big h… https://t.co/K0lc9ZwDyI in reply to joshdr83 23:04:04, 2022-04-08
- We're talking about doing home-office / tech reimbursements, which would let us buy laptops, monitors, chairs desks… https://t.co/ZFhtlk15ZO in reply to ZaneSelvans 23:02:45, 2022-04-08
- @joshdr83 Oh wait. You were in Boulder at the CWA. in reply to ZaneSelvans 22:58:13, 2022-04-08
- @joshdr83 whut? in reply to joshdr83 22:57:30, 2022-04-08
- For me one of the weirdest / most interesting parts of being a member of a worker cooperative is learning about and… https://t.co/32j5XH8rgQ in reply to ZaneSelvans 22:56:51, 2022-04-08
- Also, also, also… if you own a bunch of stuff you can borrow against its value and live off of the loan, at which… https://t.co/UEoDrnVGvk in reply to ZaneSelvans 22:51:49, 2022-04-08
- Capital gains also don't incur ~15% in payroll taxes.
The majority of income among the wealthiest 1% in the US isn… https://t.co/tMboELBykj in reply to ZaneSelvans 22:42:41, 2022-04-08
- Also the income and thus the tax on that income can be deferred indefinitely. At least, under current law.
https://t.co/ARsbEciMJT in reply to ZaneSelvans 22:38:53, 2022-04-08
- What would a progressive income tax mean in this framing? That each additional marginal dollar of income becomes mo… https://t.co/LlaJUvbKEF in reply to ZaneSelvans 22:33:29, 2022-04-08
- What *is* a fair share? What are we paying for when we fund the state? Some of it is stuff that benefits a person,… https://t.co/NYOItUhSH7 22:24:51, 2022-04-08
- @LMegaparsec Sounds great! I doubt the bison will mind. Maybe we can service them with dirigibles to avoid the need… https://t.co/0YvbzWTbb8 in reply to LMegaparsec 22:19:12, 2022-04-08
- Humans and our livestock currently make up ~95% of all terrestrial vertebrates by mass. Doesn't that seem kind of e… https://t.co/2yKXrFiY6u in reply to ZaneSelvans 21:01:22, 2022-04-08
- Is it so crazy to strive for a world where we humans, a single species, H. "sapiens sapiens," use *only* half of ev… https://t.co/AMxugFRfZ3 in reply to ZaneSelvans 20:51:50, 2022-04-08
- *labor organizing and direct action in reply to ZaneSelvans 20:48:20, 2022-04-08
- @LMegaparsec 👍 https://t.co/hVvw4WRY9I in reply to LMegaparsec 20:45:33, 2022-04-08
- Severance is a story about four data analysts who turn to labor organizing after struggling with work-life balance,… https://t.co/sq7qa47UP5 20:42:15, 2022-04-08
- And then there's also the 75% of all soy that's fed to livestock.
https://t.co/ZxYFJbaZKB in reply to ZaneSelvans 20:36:29, 2022-04-08
- Never mind ethanol, what will we do with all the land that's freed up when decent cultured meat gets cheaper than l… https://t.co/vbXhPRkFrO 20:32:34, 2022-04-08
- DRAG. HIM. https://t.co/unGxqtev5m 20:17:07, 2022-04-08
- I have no idea if those are the best estimates available, but eventually getting a carbon price in the range of $30… https://t.co/t5ev7zUNRV in reply to ZaneSelvans 17:27:13, 2022-04-08
- And tallgrass prairie carbon sequestration is somewhere between 0.3 and 1.7 tons /acre/year?
https://t.co/5PaDiq7GiW in reply to ZaneSelvans 17:23:16, 2022-04-08
- Maybe corn profits are somewhere in the $50-100/acre/year range?
https://t.co/y9UvVmjeHF in reply to ZaneSelvans 17:22:38, 2022-04-08
- Wait is Iowa corn even profitable on average? https://t.co/6A082lkQin https://t.co/wNlvbpG02N in reply to ZaneSelvans 17:14:31, 2022-04-08
- What's the profit per unit land area for corn? What carbon price + soil sequestration rate would be required to mak… https://t.co/vpvCUT7NAE in reply to ZaneSelvans 17:13:21, 2022-04-08
- One could even imagine a world where bison, gray wolves, and pronghorn inhabit this carbon sequestering perennial g… https://t.co/tpuWXEJ51R 17:09:10, 2022-04-08
- LIHTC development is… not great. https://t.co/KTFtRcRlJq 16:33:13, 2022-04-08
- RT @CatalystCoop: With some help from @martin_durant_ & support from the @SloanFoundation we're working on distributing PUDL data using @An… 13:20:03, 2022-04-08
- There are many things I love about Mexico but the cute little baby scorpions crawling up the walls are not among th… https://t.co/EXxrMH8tRx 00:27:15, 2022-04-08
- @drvolts Some of the Canary Media channels seem uncomfortably credulous about CCS, CDR, offsets, blockchain, etc. in reply to drvolts 23:29:25, 2022-04-07
- Though in that case maybe companies would spin off bad (carbon) banks, dump the worthless offsets into them, and le… https://t.co/DAkdEz0eyQ in reply to ZaneSelvans 23:27:22, 2022-04-07
- It sounds like the blockchain can also be used to launder worthless carbon offsets.
Is there a way to force someon… https://t.co/MF7gTlfa8Q 23:24:17, 2022-04-07
- @daveregrets https://t.co/3LyITolpXh in reply to daveregrets 21:25:53, 2022-04-07
- La Universidad de Guanajuato se volvió a clases presenciales este mes y me parece que de repente la edad promedia d… https://t.co/ex5ydvplYj 19:55:52, 2022-04-07
- No matter how basic the change you're advocating for is, someone is willing to Die On That Hill.
And when your opp… https://t.co/6iy747tNh6 in reply to ZaneSelvans 17:41:21, 2022-04-07
- One thing I learned while advocating for housing in a "progressive" city is that you have no idea how vicious and d… https://t.co/SV1GTWAAMb 17:36:59, 2022-04-07
- @JadeResurrected The power is beautiful. in reply to JadeResurrected 23:21:10, 2022-04-06
“This bill would move Tennessee backwards, again,” Reiss told Jezebel by phone, noting that Tennessee only ad… https://t.co/iqMZWUnd36 18:54:13, 2022-04-06
- @lenazun Wow they're like a postmodern version of the colossal Olmec heads in Mexico.
https://t.co/Fj8KlUDwtF https://t.co/TZvmcGjdtW in reply to lenazun 18:46:22, 2022-04-06
- @choldgraf We've got 8 people total now, and are definitely experiencing some (lack of?) project management fatigue… https://t.co/vnsbH4OKXD in reply to choldgraf 15:27:06, 2022-04-06
- @agelston Mostly it was internal changes, better metadata, etc. The only data update is 2021 eia860m. in reply to agelston 12:57:14, 2022-04-06
- @SarahdawnH https://t.co/SZfoUx5nB9 in reply to SarahdawnH 01:39:06, 2022-04-06
- @seancllns Everything's gonna b-ok. in reply to seancllns 22:34:29, 2022-04-05
- @ericmbudd It's weird how different social media platforms have become their own epistemic jurisdictions. in reply to ericmbudd 22:26:57, 2022-04-05
- For the most part it's only a thumbnail-deep clickbait strategy — the videos themselves are really about whatever… https://t.co/z1bwzbZcF6 in reply to ZaneSelvans 22:05:51, 2022-04-05
- It's interesting because it's *not* just giving me generic sexy content — it really seems to be trying to combine… https://t.co/qpw1zOKtib in reply to ZaneSelvans 22:00:28, 2022-04-05
- Or #VanLife in Mexico?
https://t.co/vaNJMzYzUf in reply to ZaneSelvans 21:56:02, 2022-04-05
- Or maybe archery and wilderness survival?
https://t.co/9xfGe1vd2O in reply to ZaneSelvans 21:53:25, 2022-04-05
- Oh you like permaculture and tropical fruits?
https://t.co/kBTu2Zthvz in reply to ZaneSelvans 21:36:49, 2022-04-05
- This is the wrong kind of bikes, but nice try!
https://t.co/TRSGQkvswz in reply to ZaneSelvans 21:35:36, 2022-04-05
- Honestly I'm impressed with the variety of hybrid options it has to work with. I guess it's a broadly applicable ma… https://t.co/z0CtILSNWX in reply to ZaneSelvans 21:32:22, 2022-04-05
- One night last week I foolishly followed the YouTube algorithm down a rabbithole that involved breasts. Now it's de… https://t.co/gEADEA7wpY 21:08:52, 2022-04-05
- Figuring out hard things is so rewarding. Figuring out dumb things is so not.
How many hours did it take for me to… https://t.co/rMBPuGo816 20:04:52, 2022-04-05
- @SarahdawnH I've heard being black in China is also not easy. in reply to SarahdawnH 20:01:25, 2022-04-05
- RT @SarahTaber_bww: You know what would drop food, fertilizer, & fuel prices overnight?
End the US ethanol program.
Here's what the US wa… 19:51:42, 2022-04-05
- @SarahdawnH It just keeps on being tragic. in reply to SarahdawnH 12:13:13, 2022-04-05
- Hey if there are zero pedestrians, there'll be zero pedestrian fatalities amirite? https://t.co/dK2I58bj6f 10:05:28, 2022-04-05
- @SarahdawnH First tick… of the season? That's a cool tool! in reply to SarahdawnH 10:00:26, 2022-04-05
- @SarahdawnH And also build dense, mixed-use cities with connected street grids that aren't car dependent!
https://t.co/fleh8sGW3K in reply to SarahdawnH 15:44:39, 2022-04-04
- @joshdr83 I love that there are electronics & appliance repair shops here where they confidently cannibalize parts… https://t.co/U3e4ijlkP2 in reply to joshdr83 12:43:09, 2022-04-03